For purposes of this Agreement, “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at https://assima.net/. “Services” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, the Company’s Applications(Train, Assist and Collaborate) and any requisite Extensions and Tools, The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. The terms “client,” “customer,” and “You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Services.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. Personal Information may include;
- Your name, email address, company name and phone number
- Customer relationship information such as customer requests, feedback and other information you provide such as when you receive a customer support
- Information related to employment, such as your employment history, academic history, your skills, personal and work experience, and compensations
- Information provided during sign up to participate in or receive a service from us, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, or register for upcoming events with us
- HTML Elements, HTML Attributes, CSS, images, URL, page title, input value already present or typed by the end-user
- Interactions with HTML elements on a webpage such as click events, mouseover events and in browser tab operations.
Any combination of the aforementioned Personal Information may be collected, depending on the Company’s Services used by you.
- Information collected via Technology
- Customer behaviour and navigation
- Collect log file data for our Services use
- Code execution tracking in our Services
The Company may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
- Children’s Privacy
The Site and the Service are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. The Site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you (for reasons explained in Section IV). For example, we may use Personal Information to:
- To provide you information that will allow you to use our products and services
- To analyze and improve the services offered by the Company. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly experience with the Company’s products and services
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that the Company may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders)
- to contact you about a service or information you requested
- to create web and application traffic analytics and block disruptive use
We may share Personal Information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable “Terms and Conditions”, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
III. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, End-Point Protection systems and firewalls. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
WHEN WILL WE CONTACT YOU
The Company may contact you for a variety of reasons, which may include:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you important transactional and/or administrative emails and messages about Services that you use. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service-related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, Services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you can share with friends or colleagues.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can always review, update or change personal information from within your account or by contacting us. The Company will also, when you request, provide you with information about the types of information we process about you and whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. You may have the right to a copy of your personal information.
You can also ask about:
- whether and why we have your personal information;
- how we obtained your personal information;
- what we have done with your personal information;
- to whom we have communicated your personal information;
- where your personal information has been stored, processed or transferred;
- how long we will retain your personal information or how that retention period will be determined; and
- the safeguards in place to protect your information when it is transferred to third parties or third countries.
Finally, you can ask us: (a) not to collect or use your personal information for certain purposes; (b) to delete your personal information; or (c) to provide your personal information to a third party.
To make any of these requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may also collect information on behalf of our customers, to provide the Services, and we may not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is processed. If you are a customer or end-user of one of our customers, please contact them (as the data controller or legal equivalent) directly with any of these requests.
Depending on which laws apply to your personal information, we may only be able to fulfill some of the above requests for you. If you make a request and we have a justified lawful reason to maintain your information (e.g., legal and audit purposes), we will explain your legal rights, the reason we are maintaining such information and, if applicable, any recourse you may have.
We will respond to your request without undue delay. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to granting access or processing changes or corrections.
If you wish to no longer receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out of marketing by clicking on the unsubscribe link on any marketing email you receive.
You may also have the right to complain to a regulatory authority. If you have a question or complaint, we ask that you please contact us first. If you are in the EU and we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may complain to the Data Protection Authority in your home country.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
VIII. CONTACT US
Assima Canada Inc.
505 Maisonneuve West
Montreal, QC, H3A 3C2
Last Updated: March 17, 2020