The Importance of Employee Training
Why Internal Employee Traning is Important
Internal training is the process from which employees achieve the skills to perform their jobs and is an essential part of any successful business. Employee training is associated with increased performance and retention. In addition, employees may not reach their full potential and higher levels of productivity will not be achieved unless employees are adequately trained.
A poorly trained workflorce will eventually lead to poor performance and may result in costly mistakes
Internal Training impacts organizational competitiveness, revenue and performance. Unfortunately, when the economy slows or when profits decline, many organizations first search for cuts in their training budgets.
Don’t get caught in this trap and sacrifice the importance of your employee’s training.
It is important for employers to maintain the training necessary to compete with other companies in the same field. The costs of training can be reduced and controlled through the development of a comprehensive training plan. The cost can further be reduced by training employees in-house with the use of internal trainers or an e-learning repository of lessons.
A good training plan will answer the following questions:
- Is there a need for training?
- Why training is important?
- Who needs to be trained?
- Is the training aligned with the organizations strategy and its objectives
- Who will conduct the training?
- What form of training is best?
- How will the knowledge and skills learned be transferred to the job?
- How will the training be monitored and evaluated?
Most employees have some weaknesses in their workplace skills. A good internal training program will identify these weaknesses and enable them to develop the skills needed to be proficient in their position.
When making decisions on employee training, the frequency and type of internal training your employees receive is an essential part of the planning process.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have internal training staff?
- Do you have to reach out to outside sources to provide your training?
- What type of training does your company have access to?
- Are you restricted to instructor lead training or do you have access to an e-learning repository of lessons which employees can take?
- Does employee turnover affect your needs for training?
E-learning has many benefits when compared to instructor lead training. Here are just a few:
- Creation of the e-learning training is done once and can be re-used by as many learners as needed.
- Once the training is created, only periodic maintenance is needed to keep the information current.
- Training can be done from anywhere. No travel would be required by learners or instructors.
- There is little need for a training facility or instructors.
- Tracking of employees scores and attendance can be automatically captured and reported on.
- Reduced cost for the training budget
- Training can be created for application training or soft skills.
Remember employees are your biggest assets and investing in employee training is important for your business growth and prosperity. Learn more about traning technologies and how they help in making smarter and faster decision-making.
Train employees faster, improve performance, reduce costs and increase revenues.
Get in touch
505 Maisonneuve West
Montreal, QC, H3A 3C2
Albert Street, Eccles
Manchester, M30 0BL
1043 GR Amsterdam
Edificio FITENI I
Centro de Negocios GlueWork
Furze Road, Sandyford